How to use TowLien for Drivers Mobile Application
Setup (Before you download)
- Make sure your TowLien.com account is active and your user account is setup for Mobile access.
- For More information about Setting up Users, Locations, and Police Notifications see the links at the bottom of this page
- Start by visiting the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search "Towlien"
- After downloading enter your username and password,
- Select save login information if you would like your information saved next time you open the app
Creating a Job
- Start by selecting the "+" button on the top right to create a new job.
- Select your tow type (Police or Private Property)
- Option 1: Entering plate and tag information will return a VIN for you automatically with our MagicVin function. You will need to verify on the next screen that the returned information is the correct vehicle you are towing.
- Option 2: Entering a VIN will automatically decode the VIN on the next screen and pull the vehicle Year Make and Model. Additionally on some vehicles you can use the "Scan VIN" button in place of entering the VIN manually. This will open your camera and attempt to scan the VIN bar code typically located inside the driver door frame on most vehicles.
- If there is no VIN or tag available, select the option for this and press continue.
- Verify the information decoded from the plate or that the vehicle description from the VIN displays the correct vehicle you are towing. If you need to make changes you can press each field and change them.
- If everything was successful and the correct vehicle is displayed, choose the vehicle color and press continue.
The towing information page is for entering the details of the tow for police notifications and to add the job to your TowLien.com account. Once the information completed press continue.
- The information for the vehicle you added will be displayed at the top of this page. Pressing the icon next to the vehicle will take you to Beacon Software TowSpec.com for vehicle towing information.
- Your current location will be displayed from the GPS on your device, if the address is incorrect or needs to be changed press the Pencil icon to edit the location.
Department to Notify
- Departments must be setup on your account to use this feature. If Private Property was selected as the tow type this is required. Press the plus button to select the department you want to send a notification of tow.
- Select your reason for tow from the drop down list.
- Lots or storage yards must be setup on your account prior to this step. Select the name of the lot where you intend on storing the vehicle. If a Law Enforcement Notification is being sent, this is the address they will receive.
- Job notes are optional, they will display on TowLien.com with your vehicle record. This space can be used to record job information,names,invoice numbers etc.
- Add job photos if required, if you don't need photos press continue on this page to skip adding photos.
- Review all the job information is correct, if additional notes are needed you are able to add them by pressing the plus button .
- If all the information is correct, press the Finish on the top of the page to submit the job.
Help and Support
- If you have questions please email email@example.com
- For feedback about the app use the feedback section under Help in the app.