DIRECTIONS SAVING THE GRID LAYOUT IN DISPATCHING SCREEN
- Go to “MY COMPUTER” or "Computer"
- In the Tools menu, select folder options
- In the folder options, select view
- In the view window select “show hidden files and folders”, the click ok
- Select c-drive (or your main drive on your computer)
- Double click on Documents and Settings
- In Document and Settings, double click on the user that you want to edit
- The Double click on Local Settings
- In Local Settings – Double click on Application Data
- In Application Data – Double Click on Beacon Software
- In Beacon Software, double click on DA
- In DA – right click on file name dispatch.xml and select “copy”
- After you have copied this file, go back to your c-drive
- Under the c-drive, double click on Program Files
- In Program Files – double click on Beacon Software
- In Beacon Software – double click on DA
- In DA – double click on dispatch (NOTE: this folder may need to be created if this is the first time you are doing this. To create a new folder, just go to the file/new menu and select new folder. Make sure you call the folder “Dispatch” and this folder should be in the DA folder).
- In dispatch – Paste the file you copied above and then re-name it to whatever you want “ex: bobs dispatch grid layout”
- Then close out of MY COMPUTER
Back in Dispatch Anywhere (in order to get your grid layout). Select the View Menu, Dispatch Grid Layout and then your file.
Note: In order to recover this grid layout on other computers, you must paste the copied file on these other computers by following the steps above.